Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oddball Blankets for Us!

For the past three years, several of us in the Knitting Help Forum have been making Oddball Blankets for charity.

There are nine ladies that lead the project all over the United States. Our leaders have decided to make lapghan-sized blankets for ourselves as well, so we can have something special to remember our project in the years to come. We will be taking turns knitting on our blankets, specifying the colors we want for our own blankets.

It's an entirely selfish project, but we deserve a little something special after all the work we've done on our blankets for charity. (So far, our group has made over 200 blankets for children's hospitals, and several pet snuggles for animal shelters all over the country!)

We'll be posting messages here about the kind of blanket we each want, as well as the colors we prefer. We're so excited!! :)

7 comments:

  1. What an exciting project! I can't wait to see how they all turn out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to check in and say I'll be thinking about my blanket. I also wanted to remind everyone that my baby is due in August, so I may be a little slow during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely idea, Shandeh. Thank you for thinking of it. It will be so nice to work on projects for such wonderful women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for being part of it! I think our blankets will be beautiful. And the best part is that we will ALL be a part of each one!
    *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am blown away! What a wonderful idea. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for including me. I think this will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited too... I'm looking at colors that different yarns have. Trying to find the one(s) I want to use

    ReplyDelete